Anna Netrebko – Verismo [Official Digital Download 24bit/96kHz]
Anna Netrebko – Verismo
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:08:43 minutes | 1,3 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Master, Official Digital Download – Source: Q0buz | Digital booklet | © Deutsche Grammophon
With VERISMO Anna Netrebko presents her long-awaited new studio album the first in three years displaying her remarkable vocal maturity and reaffirming her status as one of the leading sopranos of her generation.
For Anna Netrebko herself, it was the obvious next step; for her public it promises to be a revelation. The challenging verismo repertoire offers a fascinating portrait of Netrebkos voice in its full maturity. Having reached the latest peak in an already sensational career, the soprano continues her vocal and artistic development in logical fashion, illuminating the stylistic and psychological complexities of verismo with her own special intensity and powers of expression.
Set to be one of the most important and anticipated classical releases of 2016.
VERISMO features Netrebko in the greatest, most irresistible hits of the Grand Italian repertoire of the fading 19th Century, with arias by Puccini, Leoncavallo, Ponchielli, Boito, Giordano and Catalani.
Showcasing brand new interpretations of some of the greatest and most popular opera arias of all time.
A winning classical music team Anna Netrebko and Sir Antonio Pappano now joined on record for the very first time by her husband and tenor Yusif Eyvazov.
Anna Netrebko has reached the heart of the rich, mature dramatic repertoire that allows her to showcase the sheer beauty, endless, wide range of colors and emotion in combination with her distinct and beloved timbre that sets her apart from any other artist, past or present. In many ways this album is a self-discovery for this unique artist, and is destined to reach Annas widest fan-base.
Verismo at the turn of the last century introduced – real life – experience to opera and left behind the romantic approach of Belcanto. Netrebkos recent performances of Verdis Macbeth and Il Trovatore but also her role debut of Manon Lescaut in March 2014 in Rome, have shown that Netrebko is able to combine the most beautiful sound production with the harsh, sometimes brutal and scary reality of those heroines she is awaking to life for us.
01. Francesco Cilea: Adriana Lecouvreur – Act 1: ‘Ecco: respiro appena…’
02. Umberto Giordano: Andrea Chénier – Act 3: ‘La mamma morta’
03. Puccini: Madama Butterfly – Act 2: ‘Un bel dì vedremo’
04. Puccini: Turandot – Act 1: ‘Signore, ascolta!’
05. Ruggiero Leoncavallo: Pagliacci – Act 1: ‘Qual fiamma avea nel guardo!’
06. Alfredo Catalani: La Wally – Act 1: ‘Ebben? Ne andrò lontana’
07. Arrigo Boïto: Mefistofele – Act 3: ‘L’altra notte in fondo al mare’
08. Amilcare Ponchielli: La Gioconda – Act 4: ‘Suicidio! In questi fieri momenti’
09. Puccini: Tosca – Act 2: ‘Vissi d’arte, vissi d’amore’
10. Puccini: Turandot – Act 2: ‘In questa reggia’
Puccini: Manon Lescaut
11. Act 2: ‘In quelle trine morbide’
12. Act 4: ‘Tutta su me ti posa’
13. Act 4: ‘Manon, senti, amor mio’: ‘Sei tu che piangi?’
14. Act 4: ‘Sei tu che piangi?’
15. Act 4: ‘Sola perduta, abbandonatae’
16. Act 4: ‘Fra le tue braccia amore’
Anna Netrebko (soprano)
Orchestra dell’Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia
Antonio Pappano (conductor)